Krista Showers, CPA, CEBS, and partner at Trout, Ebersole & Groff, LLP, gave two presentations at the 50th Annual Pennsylvania Association of Federal Program Coordinators (PAFPC) Conference in Hershey, PA.On Monday, April 30th, Krista spoke on "Proper Use & Fiscal Accountability for Title I Funds to Meet Student and Teacher Needs”. On Tuesday, May 1st, Krista spoke on the "Top 10 Audit Findings – Things That Will Cost Your School Money & Negatively Impact Achievement.”
The purpose of the PAFPC is:
- To promote an exchange of knowledge, experience, and ideas concerning federal programs in order to enable the members to serve educational entities with greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- To disseminate information concerning resources available from the federal government so that greater use can be made of these resources.
- To supplement and assist the flow of information and constructive comment from the offices of the Pennsylvania Department of Education that are responsible for the administration of federally supported educational programs.
- To provide advice and counsel regarding federal programs to any member and/or organization seeking to serve the educational needs of the community, the state or the union.
- To provide training institutes or workshops in the area of federal program.”