1. How can I get my tax information to my preparer if your offices are closed?
2. If I made an appointment for a tax meeting, will that still take place?
Yes. We will be using conference calls and video conferencing to minimize the need for in-person meetings. If you have scheduled an appointment, please contact your preparer and let them know which form of conferencing you prefer.
3. Is it still possible to pick up my completed tax return?
You will need to contact your prepare to make arrangements for electronic delivery of your return.
4. How can I return my signed 8879s to Trout CPA?
We have three options available for returning your 8879s:
- Email to Trout CPA using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take a photograph of your 8879, and email it to Trout CPA as a PDF. Please click on https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/mobile/scanner-app.html for instructions.
- Return by US Postal Service. We are receiving mail. (Please note that there may be delays in using this option.)
- You can place your signed 8879s in our outside drop box (Mechanicsburg Office & Lancaster Office) or mail slot (Carlisle Office). Please place the information in a sealed envelope and put your name, phone number, email address, and your preparer’s name on the envelope.
5. How will my electronic return be taken care of? I mailed it to your office before you closed.
Please contact your tax preparer. They will work with you to make sure your return is filed on time.
6. What if I can't get a hold of my preparer?
If you are unable to reach your preparer by email, please go to http://www.troutcpa.com/contact and leave a message.
7. When would you like my tax materials?
As the individual tax deadline has been moved to July 15, 2020, we would like to ask for your assistance in getting your tax materials to us no later than May 15. This will allow us to get your tax returns completed prior to the new deadline. Your tax information can be placed in the outside drop boxes at our Lancaster and Mechanicsburg locations. Materials can be dropped in the mail slot at the Carlisle office. If you are not able to meet the May 15 request, please contact your tax preparer to make alternative arrangements.
8. How do I get my completed tax return?
Your tax preparer will notify you when your return is complete. We can send the return to you electronically using a secure method or mail the return via the US Postal Service. If you want us to file your tax return electronically, you need to return all signed 8879 forms to us by email at email@example.com, by mail using the US Postal Service, or by putting the forms in a sealed envelope and placing them in one of our outside drop boxes.
9. How will I know when my return has been filed with the IRS?
We will e-file your tax return with the IRS within 1 to 2 day(s) of receiving your signed 8879 forms.
10. How do I pay my bill?
If your tax return was completed and you received your bill, you can mail your check to us using the US Postal Service. We are checking the mail daily. To pay your invoice electronically, go to http://www.troutcpa.com/pay-my-bill. There are three ways to make an electronic payment including credit card, E-Check, or QuickFee Financing. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept credit card payments over the phone.