Education & Credentials
- BS in Accounting - Elizabethtown College - 1974
- Certified Public Accountant - 1977
- Certified Valuation Analyst - 1998
- Accredited in Business Valuation - 2006
- Admitted as Partner - 2017
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts - PA East Chapter President
- American Society of Appraisers
- ESOP Association
- National Center for Employee Ownership
W. Michael Wolfe, CPA/ABV, CVA
Valuation Services Partner
Mike joined Trout CPA in October 2017. Mike spent fourteen years as a Valuation Services Partner and Practice Leader with large regional and national accounting firms in the Philadelphia area where he devoted his entire practice to the business valuation specialty. He has substantial experience with mergers and acquisitions and in valuing business enterprises, closely-held securities, and intellectual property.
Over his career, Mike has valued hundreds of businesses and intangible assets. Businesses range from early-stage enterprises to middle-market and public companies. He has also served as an expert witness in legal proceedings relative to valuation issues. His experience includes the rebuttal of opposing experts opinions, affirmative damages calculations, and related deposition and testimony.
Mike is a frequent speaker on business valuation, succession planning, intangible asset valuation, and fair value accounting. He currently serves as the President of the PA East Chapter of NACVA and previously taught accounting in the MBA Program at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.