Education & Credentials
- BS in Business - Trinity International University - 2004
- Certified Public Accountant - 2005
- Certified Fraud Examiner - 2013
- Admitted as Partner - 2016
- Certified Valuation Analyst - 2016
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) - 2020
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) - 2021
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Institute of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals
- Power Packs Project - Board Member & Treasurer
- Housing Development Corporation - Finance Committee Member
- Leadership Lancaster Graduate - Core Class 2014
- Certified SCORE Mentor
- Upstream Academy's Emerging Leaders Academy Graduate
Awards & Acknowledgements
Central Penn's Forty Under 40 Award - 2021
Karen R. Shenk, CPA, CVA, CCIFP, CEPA
Karen joined Trout CPA in 2012 after working at a firm in the Chicago area since 2004. She graduated from Trinity International University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business, with an emphasis in Accounting and a minor in Philosophy. She currently serves on the firm's Manufacturing, Construction, Non-Profit, and Forensics Practice Groups. Karen is also a member of the firm's Business Development and Quality Control Committees, and chairs the firm's Client Service Committee.
Karen manages all aspects of audit, review, and compilation engagements, provides business consulting and advisory services, and performs quality control reviews for some of the firm's significant clients.
Karen enjoys activities with her family, reading, wine tasting, yoga, and running. She lives in Lancaster County with her husband and young children.