The COVID-19 PA Hazard Pay Grant program was established to help employers retain employees by providing hazard pay to employees in life-sustaining occupations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Program will give an additional $3/hour as a hazard pay increase to eligible employees who earn less than $20/hour.
Below is an overview of the program.
- Submit applications between July 16, 2020 and July 31, 2020.
- Grant funds may only be used to pay hazard pay for eligible employees for the 10-week period from August 16, 2020 through October 24, 2020.
- Healthcare and Social Assistance
- Food Manufacturing
- Food Retail Facilities
- Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
- Security Services for eligible industries listed above and commercial industries that were not closed as a result of the Governor’s Business Closure Order
- Janitorial Services to Buildings and Dwellings
Grant funds may be used for hazard pay (as defined below) for direct, full-time and part-time employees earning less than $20/hour, excluding fringe benefits and overtime. Funds may only be used to pay hazard pay for eligible employees for the 10-week period from August 16, 2020 through October 24, 2020. Hazard pay means additional pay for performing hazardous duty or work involving physical hardship, in each case that is related to COVID-19.
Applicants may apply for up to $1,200 per eligible full-time equivalent (FTE) employee. The hazard pay must be paid to the eligible employee over the 10-week period of August 16, 2020 through October 24, 2020 as a $3/hour hazard pay increase to their regular pay rate. Employers may apply for a grant to provide hazard pay for up to 500 eligible full-time equivalent employees per location ($600,000 maximum grant per location). No Employer may receive more than $3,000,000 of the funding under the COVID-19 Hazard Pay Grant Program.
- Information on the PA Hazard Pay Grant Program: https://dced.pa.gov/programs/covid-19-pa-hazard-pay-grant/.
- COVID-19 PA Hazard Pay Grant Guidelines: https://dced.pa.gov/download/covid-19-pa-hazard-pay-grant-guidelines-2020/?wpdmdl=95560
- Apply: https://www.esa.dced.state.pa.us/login.aspx
- For questions, contact the Department of Community & Economic Development by calling 1-866-466-3972 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.