Trout, Ebersole & Groff, LLP partner Krista Showers, CPA, MBA CEBS presented at the 51st Annual Pennsylvania Association of Federal Program Coordinators (PAFPC) Conference which was held May 5-8, 2019 at the Seven Spring Lodge in Champion, PA. The annual conference provides training on current policies of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG). Ensuring Equity: Strategic Use of Federal Funds was the theme of the conference.On Tuesday, May 7, 2019, Krista spoke about "Maintaining Strong Internal Controls for Grants”. During her presentation, she addressed internal controls related to compliance requirements that are critical for grant management and the avoidance of audit findings. She also shared tips on fraud awareness and prevention.
The purpose of the PAFPC is:
- Promote an exchange of knowledge, experience, and ideas concerning federal programs in order to enable the members to serve educational entities with greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Disseminate information concerning resources available from the federal government so that greater use can be made of these resources.
- Supplement and assist the flow of information and constructive comment from the offices of the Pennsylvania Department of Education that are responsible for the administration of federally supported educational programs.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding federal programs to any member and /or organization seeking to serve the educational needs of the community, the state or the union.
- Provide training institutes or workshops in the area of federal programs
For more information on the 51st Annual PAFPC conference, visit https://www.pafpc.org/page/2019annualhome1.