Education & Credentials
- BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting - University of Oklahoma - 1983
- Certified Public Accountant - 1985
- Chartered Global Management Accountant - 2012
- Admitted as Partner - 2014
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Tax Section Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Stephen D. Hough, CPA, CGMA
Steve joined Trout CPA in 2011. He brings 38 years of experience in public accounting and private industry. He began his career with an international CPA firm, served as Controller and then CFO advising a closely held group of businesses through stages of growth and reorganization before returning to public accounting as a Tax Manager.
Steve's industry expertise includes real estate activities, medical practices, manufacturing companies, and entrepreneurial businesses. He also has experience with International issues specifically with China, India, Netherlands, and Brazil.
Steve serves on the firm’s Healthcare and Manufacturing Practice Groups. He is also a contributing member of the firm’s Tax and Small Business Committees.
In his free time, Steve enjoys hiking, kayaking and a limited amount of golf. He divides his time between Lancaster County and Sullivan County, PA with his wife.