Education & Credentials
- BA in Accounting & Economics/Business Administration - Immaculata College - 1990
- Certified Public Accountant - 1992
- Master of Business Administration - Lebanon Valley College - 1996
- Admitted as Partner - 2002
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist - 2002
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Central Pennsylvania Chapter of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists
- ESOP Association
- Government Finance Officers Association - Special Review Committee
- Pennsylvania Association of Federal Program Coordinators
- Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials - Accounting Committee and Special Education Task Force
- PICPA - Government Accounting & Auditing, Employee Benefit Plans, and
Technical & Conference Planning Committees
- International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists (ISCEBS)
Awards & Acknowledgements
- 2013 Women of Influence Award
- 2018 PICPA South Central Chapter Volunteer Service Award
Board of Directors
- Immaculata University - Business Advisory Board
- Lancaster County Community Foundation - Treasurer and Finance Committee
- The Central Pennsylvania Chapter of ISCEBS - Board Member
Krista A. Showers, CPA, MBA, CEBS
Krista joined Trout CPA after graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree (magna cum laude) in Accounting and Economics/Business Administration with a Certificate of Management from Immaculata College. In addition, she has received a Master of Business Administration degree from Lebanon Valley College.
Krista is chair of the firm's Employee Benefit Plans Practice Group, co-chair of the Governmental Practice Group, and serves on the Quality Control, Management, and Business Development Committees. She is also responsible for the Single Audits of all the firm's local educational agencies and other local governments.
Krista currently serves as treasurer of the Lancaster County Community Foundation. She is also a member of the Immaculata University Business Advisory Board. In 2021, she was reappointed to the Board of the Central PA Chapter of ISCEBS.
Krista enjoys the arts and traveling. She lives in Lancaster County with her family.