Education & Credentials
- BS in Accounting - Penn State University - 1972
- Certified Public Accountant - 1975
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- United Church of Christ Homes - Finance Committee Member (former Board Member and Board Treasurer)
- Lions Clubs International - Various positions over the years in the Local Club and at the District (4 Counties) Level
Awards & Acknowledgements
- Lions Clubs - Melvin Jones Fellow & Lions of PA Fellow
- Scouting - Eagle Scout - 1966 & Perry County Friends of Scouting Honoree - 2014
James Lyons, CPA
Prior to joining Trout CPA in 2020, Jim had over 45 years of varied public accounting experience. Over those years, he advanced from entry-level tasks up to being a firm owner, and eventually relinquishing ownership responsibilities. His responsibilities included audit, accounting and income tax services for financial institutions, construction contractors, and various other for-profit entities. During that time, he was also involved in auditing several local Pennsylvania school districts.
Jim remains involved in income tax services for several S-corporations, partnerships, and LLCs, as well as for the owners of many of those entities.
Outside of public accounting, he serves on the Board of Directors of his hometown independent community bank.
In his free time, Jim enjoys activities with his family near his Perry County home.